Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Where did that come from...

When Maddie was in PreK she experienced anxiety almost everyday when I would leave her. Since she started Kindergarten she has been such a big girl. She hugs and kisses me goodbye and then I leave. Until this morning, when I TRIED to leave she would not let go of me, she told me she didn't like Kindergarten and she said she wanted to stay with me. She had a complete meltdown! I had to leave her crying with her teacher. It was heart wrenching! When I picked her up she was perfectly fine, of course. I asked her what happened this morning and she said, "I think since I got to be with you all day for four days I just wanted to stay with you some more. I guess." Maddie just cracks me up sometimes!

Fletcher is still having some hard times. He is not desating, but he is having moments of being mad, irritable, sad (crying with real tears and a puffed out lip) and he has started hitting! My sweet baby boy is hitting! When he is in the middle of one of his 'moments' he will hit whoever is trying to soothe him. Craig and I were able to spend a lot of time with him this weekend and he was grumpy for most of the time we were there! Here are a few pictures of us trying to make Fletcher happy. As you can see it just didn't happen. I think he is going through withdrawal from the weaning of the Methadone and Valium. Craig and I would appreciate your prayers on behalf of Fletcher. We have gotten so used to the 'Happy Fletcher' and the way he's acting now reminds us of when he was little and very sick. That makes us really sad.

2 comments:

Susie said...

I am so sorry that Fletcher is not happy right now. I read through your blog, and my heart just goes out to you as a mom. You are so dedicated and loving to your children. I will continue to pray for you all.

P.S. Please feel free to add my link if you would like.

Anonymous said...

Denise! I love Fletcher and your family and I couldn't have thought of better parents! I love working everyday I do because I get to see Fletcher's smiling face and play with him! He is such a blessing and just so much fun! So glad that I found your page through Andrew's carebridge page! I love the pictures! Will see you soon!
Amy Jackson