Sunday, September 23, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mom!

As most of you know I am number 6 of 7 children, the 5th daughter. And Friday was my mom's birthday. So, for her birthday we took her to lunch at Nonna's in Bricktown. It was a 'girls only' lunch. Not all of my sisters or nieces could be there, but we still had a great group! My mom's sister, Iris and one of her daughters, Heather came also. We had a lot of fun. There were a lot of stories and a lot of laughs!

Here's mom with three of here five daughters:
Kim, Mom, me and Dawn


Here's mom with some of her granddaughters and great-granddaughters:
Kayleigh, Mom, Amber, Chevaun, Cynthia, Maddie, Kylie, Sylvia and Carmen

Mom and Aunt Iris

My cousin Heather and Aunt Iris

A little update on Fletcher. His eye is looking okay, we have our follow up appointment tomorrow afternoon. Until yesterday I was very skeptical about the effect of the surgery but yesterday his eye looked pretty good. It seemed to open up a little more. So, we'll see. This is a picture I took of him Friday right before he went to school. Friday was the first time this week he made it through an entire class. It was music therapy day, Fletcher loves Friday's at school!


In my last post I asked you all to pray for sweet little Ashley, please continue to do so. She is truly in the battle of her life. Please pray for her parents and siblings. Craig and I can empathize with this sweet family we know how hard it is to try and balance 'life' and all that goes with it with a critically ill child. But, we didn't have to do it with Fletcher in a different state than us. Anyway, if you haven't checked on Ashley lately her mom has posted specific prayer request on their blog. Thanks for being the Body of Christ to this family!

http://www.ashleyadamsjournal.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Kristi said...

It was great to see our sweet little Fletcher last night! :)

Unknown said...

How fun and so many ladies were there! I sure hope Fletcher's eye heals well!