Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sweet friends...

Today I got to see my dear friend, Susan and her family. Susan and I have been friends for nearly 20 years! Susan is a wonderful wife and mother and treasured friend to me and my family. She is also a missionary in Creel, Mexico. I get to see Susan and her family usually once a year sometimes twice a year. She always makes a special trip to see Fletcher. Today Fletcher loved playing with Susan and her daughter Jaynie. After I picked Maddie up from school we all had a fabulous lunch a McDonald's! When you live in the mountains of Mexico you don't get to have McDonald's!!! Maddie and Jaynie played on the playground at TCC under the supervision of Susan's husband, Luis. They really play well together. It was so wonderful to see Susan and her family and hear of the blessings they are to the people of their city. They will return to Mexico on Saturday. Oh how I'll miss her!

Fletcher had a great day and seemed to be back to his old self! We skipped school today since Susan and her family came to visit. I fed Fletcher at noon and I think I have figured out the secret to feeding him! Distraction is the key! Yesterday and today there were people around him and I would just sneak the food into his mouth and he would swallow it and sometimes even smile! Fletcher HATES for anyone to try to restrain him or make him do anything he doesn't want to do. So, I tricked him! It was fabulous! I also let him hold the bottle and just play with it and somehow he ended up having 15cc's of apple juice! Way to go, Bubba!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

OH MY GOSH!! How great to see Susan and her family!! We had some fun times together didn't we?? I hope she reads this!! Give her my info. if you want! I would love to hear from her!! How special that they were able to spend time with Bubba!! I'm jealous! :-( Hope you all have a great weekend!! Love you!
Millie

Kristin's Blog said...

If only we could sneak food/juice into a pink vial of saline...Fletcher would gobble that up then! Give him a big slurpy kiss!
Kristin

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, I check it everyday to read about your wonderful family and faith you all have... But i was wondering how PECS are going? are they going? and is Heather back i noticed her and Delisa in a picture.. I sure miss you all.