Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We're back...

We made it home safely from Mississippi on Sunday evening. We're so glad to have our Kayleigh back home with us. She was getting a little home sick as well! She had a blast in NYC and spending lots of time with her Mississippi friends! We enjoyed some great food, wonderful southern hospitality and fun conversations. Maddie was able to swim at Monna and Pops neighborhood pool. She's turned into quite the little fish. I donned a swimming suit for the first time since I was pregnant with Fletcher. And trust me it wasn't any prettier now than it was when I was pregnant! I HATE swimming suits, but one of my friends said something to me the other day that stuck with me. She said, "you know Denise, you're going to miss out on a lot of things in your kids lives if you continue to sit on the sidelines and just watch." So there you have it I put on a swimming suit and played in the pool with my girls and my husband and it was a lot of fun! Late Saturday afternoon Maddie started feeling bad and then started throwing up. AWESOME. Poor thing. She threw up until about 11pm. At 2am guess who else started throwing up? It was me! I don't get sick very often and I don't throw up! I think it was the first time I've thrown up since the day I had Fletcher! And I surely didn't miss it! So, needless to say traveling home on Sunday with a throw up bucket was not a lot of fun! Craig and Kayleigh managed to escape getting sick! Anyhoo, we're better now and just trying to get back in the swing of things. We had new carpet installed last Tuesday and our house is still in a shambles! We almost filled the garage with just the knick knack crap and stuff on the floors of the girls closets! And the furniture stayed in the house!! It's time to purge! I'm determined to not let some of that stuff back in the house. So, we'll be working on some give away boxes for the next several days!


Friday night Kayleigh jumped in the pool with her clothes on!

Maddie and Kayleigh on Shamu. That's Marley's arm on the other side of Shamu!

2 comments:

Kristin's Blog said...

I'm glad you hopped in the pool! You and your sweet family always seem to make such sweet little memories!

Michelle said...

oh the days when we used to wear bikinis, oh wait I can't think back that far!! HAHA!!