Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A little bit rough...

Well, Fletcher finished his first Pamidronate treatment yesterday. And I'll be honest with you it was pretty rough. Of course there is no way of telling if he was in pain or just extremely mad! I'm sure it was a mixture of both. His whole routine was out of whack. I usually spend my time with him taking him for a walk then to school and after school we walk again. Then back to the unit and I hold him and we rock and read or sing. We didn't get to do any of those things yesterday! In one of Fletcher's labs yesterday morning his blood sugar was low so they decided to do a 12 hour continuous feeding and he had the IV Pamidronate going so I could not hold him. Which was torture for both of us! He was such a crabby appleton! Around 4pm I asked if I could hold him and they maneuvered all the tubes and I was finally able to get my hands on that boy! That didn't last long I think he was just too uncomfortable. After about 30 minutes I laid him down. He was mad when I held him and mad when I put him down. Bless his little heart! This video will show you his little mood swings...

I am not able to be with him this morning because we are having carpet RE-installed (long story I might blog about later). Supposedly the second day after the treatment is the worst. I have called to check on him and they feel like he was doing well. I'm hoping he will feel well enough to go to school today. Thank you so much for praying and I ask that you would continue to do so. Fletcher's next treatment will be next Wednesday.

The girls and I will be heading to Houston on Friday morning to spend a few days with Craig's Aunt Susie. The girls are really looking forward to this trip. I am as well but I'm always apprehensive to leave Fletcher for any amount of time. Craig will stay here so at least he'll have his daddy at night and his teachers and the medical staff will keep him busy during the day. I will keep you posted on the Burns family happenings!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of prayers headed your way!! He's the cutest little thing!!! You're an awesome MOM!! Amy P

The Brineys said...

I'm praying for him today. Being the second day. Lord may it not be as bad as they say it would be!!!
Lord I pray you pour over him peace and stillness to become rested and strengthened by your mighty spirit!

love you neenee!

Kristin's Blog said...

Denise...will he have to repeat this therapy any time soon? How long is it supposed to take before we know it is effective? Will they do bone density screenings on him? Okay, maybe I'll just study up a bit on it!

oda41143 Missy said...

Fingers crossed for a good second day. Try to relax in Houston!!