Thursday, August 23, 2007

A New Day...

I would like to thank all of you for the sweet emails and encouraging comments. Please know I am better today. I went to the Center this morning as always and Fletcher was NOT having his tube feeding, praise the Lord! So, I got him dressed and held him for a few minutes and then put him in his wheelchair to feed him. As we all know, he's not a big fan of 'the chair' so he wasn't too happy with me putting him that thing. I decided to use a little tough love in hopes that he'd just power through it. He really didn't enjoy eating and I feel like something is wrong. This week has been a big week for him. Remember last week when they made some vent changes? Well, they made a few more this week. Also, he has a new PCP (primary care physican) Dr. Khichi. Dr. Khichi is one of PICU doctors at Baptist and he knows Fletcher VERY well. Dr. Khichi has taken over all the vent patients at TCC. Craig and I are very happy to have him taking care of Fletcher. We know he will be aggressive in vent and med weaning. Anyway, Fletcher is also being weaned off of Methadone and Valuim. So, let's think this through: serious vent changes, PO feedings and we're weaning some pretty hardcore meds. That's a lot to deal with, don't you think? I do. Tomorrow I am going to The Center at 8:15 am and I'm going to try and feed him one more time. Fletcher's speech therapist will be there so hopefully we can come up with something. I feel like I'm asking too much of him right now. Please continue to pray that we'll have wisdom on how best to help him. When Craig was with Fletcher tonight he said Fletcher's the worst he's seen him in a while. So, if Craig is worried, I'm worried!

Last week was the Treble Makers concert and News 9 was there to do a story on a little girl who had been a patient there. The story aired today, if you missed it you can click on the link below and see the story. They did a really nice job with it. Channel 9 News Coverage Okay,when you see someone you know, please realize she didn't have fair warning that she was going to be on the news! Because trust me, if she knew she would have looked a lot better than she did! :)

Okay, one more thing. I have a sweet mom friend at The Center and she has a little boy named Andrew. Andrew is going to go home for a day trip tomorrow. He is eight months old and hasn't ever been to his family home. After he was born he went straight to the NICU and then when he was about three months old he came to TCC. One reason I love you all so much is because I know you pray for me. I'd like to ask you all to pray for sweet Andrew and his family tomorrow. It's their first trip home so Catherine and Eric are feeling a little anxious but all at the same time they are extremely excited. Would you all please pray that their trip would go smoothly and it would just be a sweet time at home for them all under the same roof. If you'd like to see pictures of Andrew and read all about him click here. Thanks so much!

1 comment:

Mayhem And Miracles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.