Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Today would have been my daddy's 73rd birthday. WOW! This year will mark the 10 year anniversary of his death. My daddy was a hard working family man. He loved life and he loved his family. I have so many fun memories of our family life. I am number six of seven children and I remember anytime us kids would fight my daddy would make us KISS and make up! It was horrible at the time now when I think about it it's hilarious! Hey, maybe I should make my girls kiss and make up! I'm sure they'd love that! Every summer for our vacation we would visit my grandparents. They lived in Reno, Nevada when I was very young and we would load up the station wagon and my parents would spend a few days driving our family to see our grandparents. In the 80's my grandparents moved to the panhandle of Florida and we would drive there every summer. My grandparents passed away in the early 90's but our family still travels to the Navarre, Ft. Walton, Destin area for our family vacations. Oh, how I miss him. I wish he could have met Craig, Kayleigh, Maddie and Fletcher. I talk to my kids about him because I want them to know about Papa Bud. He would have loved them all so much!

3 comments:

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Happy Birthday to Dad! You speak with such love for him. I think that's so neat that ya'll still vacation where you have such fond memories of life with your Dad and grandparents. You have a very full life, young lady! I've been catching up on your posts, and I am AMAZED at all you fit into a day. It's enough to make your head spin WITHOUT all the insurance/doctor/surgery issues! I am so sorry for all the (unfortunately all too typical medical) mess you are having to endure. I will be in prayer for things to be worked out to Fletcher's best benefit! I love the pics of Maddie and him together! So sweet!

paula said...

Denise:

What a WONDERFUL tribute to our daddy! It made me proud to read this and very emotional!

Your precious sentiments echo mine!

I sure DO remember hugs and kisses and I think it is a good thing to do always!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO!!!

Michelle said...

WOW!!! 10 years....it doesn't seem possible! He was such a good man and I know how much you loved him!! I know he is looking down to see what a great mom and wife you are and I know he is so proud of you!!!

Love you sister!
Millie