Saturday, November 17, 2007

Update

When I arrived at TCC this morning Fletcher's heart rate was in the 160's his normal heart rate is usually 118-124. He was extremely irritable so they gave him some Morphine hoping to calm him down. I held him most of the morning and he did eventually calm down and his heart rate stayed in the 140's. The nurse practitioner, Tami, came in this morning to access him and to check the lab work they had done. She felt like he was responding well to the IV medication and that he was stable. I was able to spend the most of the day with Fletcher. There wasn't a whole lot that would make him happy and I only saw a few smiles today. He went through many stages of wanting to be held and wanting to be left alone. He seemed very restless and had a hard time getting comfortable. Poor thing! I'm hoping he'll still be able to have the MRI on Monday, but we'll have to wait and see. We are also wanting to bring Fletcher home for Thanksgiving. Please keep him in your prayers. That's it for now. Thank you so much for all your prayers today!

4 comments:

Susie said...

Still praying for you. I'm sorry Fletcher has had such a very difficult week. Thank you for all the updates. Praying for strength, healing and a visit home for Thanksgiving. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Denise,
We are praying for Fletcher, and all of you as you comfort him and try to discern wisdom in these decisions. I pray for peace in your mother's heart. Love...Kayla and gang

Anonymous said...

Denise,

Please know that i am prayong for Fletcher and the rest of you. I know that God is faithful and he will Give you all the strength you all need. I am praying for God to HEal fletcher in a miraculous way

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry, NeeNee. I know all of you have had a tough week and it's even tougher to think of Thanksgiving coming up and possibly not having Fletcher with you. May the Lord sustain you and give you strength and heal Fletcher's body.