Monday, November 12, 2007

Surgery update

We arrived at Children's Hospital at about 11:30 this morning. They put us in a nice little room so we didn't have to wait out with the general public in the waiting room. Praise the Lord! Fletcher had surgery at 4:40 pm. The surgery took about an hour and half. They were not able to put in a port and put in a Hickman Broviac which is the same as the last two lines he's had. It was a very long day, but the surgery was a success and we are so grateful. Fletcher is back at TCC resting well. Thank you all for praying for us today I know the Lord heard and answered our prayers! I'm gonna close for now.

7 comments:

Susie said...

Just checking in and praising God that the surgery was a success. Take care!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the update, NeeNee. I'm so glad it went well.

Carol Sommer said...

You have one strong family lady!

I love you and admire you everyday.

Anonymous said...

Sweet Niece,
I made up a song for Fletcher and I always sing it as I pray:
Rockabye Fletcher in Jesus' arms
Safe and secure from all of
life's harms...
Rockabye Fletcher
as you close your eyes
you'll wake up each morning
with God's Son in your eyes.
Love Aunt Iris

Kristin's Blog said...

I am so glad that Fletcher is doing well after surgery. Give him lots of hugs and kisses!

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Oh, how sweet is your Aunt Iris! That made me think of something we always sing when the kids need some extra ecouragement. We have a personalized version of "Jesus Loves the Little Children." Here is one for your kiddos.

Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Kayleigh, Maddie, Fletcher, too
He loves me and he loves you
He loves these sweet and precious kids that are my world

Or you can play around and do your own. Aunt Iris' song just made me think of that. I am so glad Fletcher's surgery went well and I am still hoping for good health inside the center this season - no floaty bugs!

Kristin Nicole said...

Thanks for the update. Praying for you!