Friday, November 23, 2007

Giving Thanks...

I'm sorry I haven't updated you all for the last few days. It has been crazy around here! Tuesday evening Kayleigh's grandparents and aunt Jackie came to town for a few days. They took the girls to a hotel for two nights, swam and shopped 'til they dropped! Everyone had a great time. Tuesday I received an email from sweet friends of ours the McLaughlin's wanting to bring us Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday. I'm sure you can imagine what a blessing that was sick kid or not! We were able to bring Fletcher home for Thanksgiving it was wonderful to have our family together in our home. We ate a fabulous meal, thanks Mike and Ryan, had a family picture made and ate some more! Earlier in the day Craig and I were in the kitchen and Kayleigh, Maddie and Fletcher were in the living room. The girls were sitting beside Fletcher's crib just hanging out with him and at one point we heard uncontrollable laughter coming from the living room. Craig and I looked at each other and were so grateful that our children were in the same room talking and laughing together. That's something we don't take for granted, what a blessing! I've posted a few pictures from yesterday. If you look closely at the first picture you'll see that Fletcher has one of Maddie's bracelets on. I guess she wanted to play dress up with her Bubba! We are so thankful to the Lord for such a great day at home with family.

Happy boy!

Isn't he just precious?

Maddie taking care of Bubba swinging!

Kayleigh and Devon

I know some of you are wondering about the MRI. Everything went well Monday. Dr. Griggs did a great job sedating Fletcher for the brain MRI, that they went ahead and did an echocardiogram of his heart, too. At this point we do not have any news on the results from either test. Fletcher is still a little on the grumpy side, but he's definitely feeling better. His phosphorus level is slowing going up, it is not back where it's supposed to be. I really appreciate you all praying for us it means so much knowing Godly people are lifting us up!

Dr. Griggs, Ginger and the MRI technicians

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that he got to go home, for a little bit on Thanksgiving!! That is too cool! I bet that made it even more special!!! Fletcher is sooo strong!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to have such a wonderful day together! I loved the pictures!

Mayhem And Miracles said...

I am so glad you updated and thrilled to hear Fletcher was home with you all! I've truly been hoping that was how it turned out for ya'll - even better to hear someone was sweet enough to cook for you! That's ALWAYS an awesome thing! Your girls sound just like my kids. They love to go to hotels even right here in town for a little R&R, too. We're still praying for a good outcome on the tests.

joiful1 said...

I am so glad to hear of your wonderful day! God is good and his blessings overflow! Love to you all. Aimee

Kristin's Blog said...

I am so glad that you got to bring Fletcher home! I love hearing giggles from the other room! It warms you heart!

Anonymous said...

The laughter experience was definately a gift from God for both you and Craig. The pictures of Fletcher laughing in his crib made me laugh too! Love you all so much! The Lalli Family

Unknown said...

I hope you post the family picture! I prayed Fletcher would be able to come home. Yay!

The Brineys said...

What an amazing thanksgiving you must of had!! I'm so glad fletcher got to come home and you were able to have the whole family under one roof! Praise God for laughter, joy & love!!!!

I hope I get to see you & the family soon!