Friday, May 16, 2008

She said yes...

Today Maddie and I went to staff meeting at the church, like we do every Friday afternoon. We had our meeting like usual and she played and interrupted and played and interrupted. That's what we do our staff meetings take forever! We finished up our meeting and I was trying to get Maddie serious about getting out of there because we had a million things to do. Well, just as I was ready to walk out the door she said, "Mommy, I want to pray." This is a common phrase and usually involves praying for Fletcher. So, I stopped and said, "Okay, what would you like to pray about?" She then said this, "I want to ask Jesus into my heart." "WOW! Okay...wow!" Thankful our pastor and one of Maddie's heroes was present and he said, "Maddie do you know what sin is?" She quickly said, "Yes." Then I said, "What is sin?" She said, "It's when you make bad choices and do bad things." WOW! I told her she was right and we prayed together. You guys the Lord is so good to me. Six years ago in our living room Kayleigh said something quite similar, she wanted to ask Jesus to come into her heart. Craig and I were able to pray with Kayleigh and lead her in the sinner's prayer. All day as I've thought about my girls and the security they have in their Savior it just made my heart happy. Happy to know they want a relationship with the One who created them. That makes me feel secure knowing that that's one thing I won't have to worry about, they have an assurance in their salvation, their names are written in The Book. I'm praising the Lord tonight for my sweet Maddie and her decision to follow Jesus. I'm praying that she will have an appetite for God's Word so she can hide it in her heart.

7 comments:

Mayhem And Miracles said...

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! That's it. That says it all. There is NOTHING better than knowing our kids are covered by Jesus blood and have acquired "beginning of wisdom" (to fear the Lord.) yay.

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Oh! And how could I almost forget? I'll ask my MIL about tix for the MH game. I would LOVE to meet up there! I have to check and see if we have another meeting that night. I think we MIGHT, but if there is any way possible, I'd love to come.

Anonymous said...

Denise and Craig and Maddie and Kayleigh, I am so glad for the news and the peace that I know goes with such a decision - how perfect that you, Maddie, shared that joy with your Mom. As our Children's Pastor at First Church, I know your Mommy got to pray with many children to ask Jesus into their hearts, but there is no prayer that is as precious as that from our own children. I am rejoicing with the angels above! Love much, Janet Lalli

The Brineys said...

yeah!!!!!!!
Praise God!!!

Anonymous said...

Maddie - How exciting it is to hear such great news. I love you and I am so thankful that God put you in my life.

Anonymous said...

A pyramid family. The base is the Lord and the rest is the two GREAT parents and from there is the most wonderful children to make the formation of a pyramid heading to the Glory fo God above. What a great thing to see and behold.Keep the good works going. Love to all, Uncle Randy and family.

Toni said...

Coming in from Sniz' blog. My dd did this too about 4 months ago. Her joy was astounding. Praising God right now.
Blessings,
~toni~