Thursday, February 14, 2008

Not much to report...

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I am happy to say that there isn't much going on around here other than taking care of sick kids! Monday I picked up Kayleigh from school, she wasn't feeling too hot that morning. She is better now thank the Lord! On Monday afternoon Maddie woke up from her nap with a temp of 100.2 and has been home from school ever since! Today she is missing her Valentine party at school, I don't think she has realized it just yet! I am the homeroom mom and have been busy getting everything ready for a party we won't attend! No fun! Hopefully she will start feeling better today. Craig has plans to take us girls out to dinner tonight! Isn't that sweet! Tonight we might have to order in if Maddie isn't feeling better. Several years ago Craig and I decided to make Valentine's Day about our whole family, instead of just about the two of us. I usually make dinner, get out the china and light candles and we just stay home and watch a movie and later head to Sonic for a sweetheart blast! It's been really fun for all of us.

Fletcher seems to be okay. I don't know the process of shingles, but I think they're about gone. I haven't been able to be at TCC much this week since Maddie is sick. So I haven't seen his nurse practitioner all week, though she has seen him. Right now, I'm just kind of in awe. Before we left the hospital (1/22/08) we were given the news that Fletcher would probably die within a matter of weeks. We were told to enjoy him and to keep him comfortable, by keeping his pain under control. Craig and I have been to two cemeteries, we have talked about a funeral and we have told our girls that Fletcher is going to die. That last week at the hospital was horrible and we have had to do some incredibly hard things. We have been back at TCC for 24 days, and Fletcher has been great. I was told last week that his electrolytes were text book perfect, meaning they have found a balance in maintaining them. He has been happy and playful. We have recently dubbed him the official greeter of Unit 7. He waves and blows kisses to everyone who walks into his unit. It's the sweetest thing ever. I do not know if the Lord has healed Fletcher, if the doctor's were wrong about the timeline, I just don't know. I will take what I am given and enjoy it as much as possible. I so want to believe the Lord has healed him but I'm also afraid to get my hopes up. This is a strange place for me emotionally. When I look at Fletcher I see a happy boy, not a dying boy. So, it's hard to believe the bad stuff. I am however, afraid to ask questions about his prognosis, if it's different, if maybe someone was wrong? Who knows? Only the Lord, apparently. I said a long time ago that only the Lord knows the number of Fletcher's days. I'm sticking with that!

I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day! I will post some pictures later. Be blessed!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

NeeNee,
I have been praying for Fletcher almost since his birth and am a total believer that prayer are being answered in his life. I am Tina Hughes sister and live in Texas and I know that our church prayer group prays for Fletcher on a regular basis. I am so glad that I have good news to pass on to them. Cindy Cunningham

Unknown said...

Though you don't know us, Tina Hughes has shared your updates with us and we have been SO blessed by your attitude/spirit.

I've tho't many times about letting you KNOW that, then didn't write, but today's update warranted a reply!

Be assured of our continuing prayers for precious Fletcher, you, Craig and the girls!

Sending our love along with our prayers,
Travis and La Moyne Wiginton (Norman, Ok.)

randy said...

You hang in there. We all need to look at each other and everyone for that matter as dieing. For we start that process the moment we come to this world. As to when we will die is, as you stated, up to the Lord and we can only feel blessed with whatever time we have to spend with others. As for the shingles, my mom had them and she was told that it is a nerve ending attack. It can be extreemly itchy, and can't be satisfied, and can spread if not treated. I remember that she said it caused her to become very irritated and even down right nasty in her attidude. She got over them in about two weeks time with meds. I have been keeping the people that have Fletcher on prayer lists up dated on his condition. Many, many lists are out on him and on Terri Nicholes son-in-law, as well as Sandy's big brother, Ron McCleary. I run into a lot of very good people at the store in my department and I share with them about all these conditions to be prayed for. Enjoy the time, and keep a smile on your face, your son is a good example. Love to you all. Uncle Randy.

Anonymous said...

Always believe in wonderful things! No matter what, always believe in the wonderful things that He can do! I am!
Catherine

Jeff said...

We love you guys and continue to keep all of you, especially Fletcher, in our thoughts and prayers. Your family has been and continues to be a remarkable example of how the power of God's truth, love, and spirit binds us together, strengthens us, and builds our faith in Him in remarkable ways during the most challenging times in life.

There's no doubt that you could not have come this far on this journey without God at the center of your lives. When I think about your unbelievable faith and strength I think about when Jesus said, "apart from Me you can do nothing.", and later, "all things become possible with God." And I think about when Paul wrote, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Even though many of us try to and want to understand your family's peaks and valleys, only God truly knows and understands the depth and extent of this battle you continue to wage. However, there are at least two things we can all understand and continue to do on your behalf. We can stand firmly with you. For where two or three are gathered together in the name of Jesus Christ, there He is. I know you are very much aware that He has been with you from the beginning even until this very moment. And we can all stand in awe of His amazing power and glory to sustain us, to strengthen us, to heal us, to love and care for us, to cause miracles to happen for us. God has certainly gifted you with many special miracles. This one you have named Fletcher. And God continues to write His story with each and every day of His life and yours.

Together you have chosen to honor and pursue Him when you could not always see Him at work. And because of your faithfulness He has and will continue to honor and bless your family beyond measure. For that honor and for those blessings there is no greater value!

With more of God's love than words could ever express, Jeff, Lori, Chelsea, and Heather (Phillips)Happy Valentines Day to all of you!

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Denise, I am having trouble really knowing what to say. I guess, though, that if Fletcher is teling you something than the doctors, then maybe that IS the Lord shining right through him! You are on my heart this Valentine's Day, as is Fletcher, and I hope the Lord will bless you so immensely your heart can't even contain it all. Prayers for the other kiddos as well. I know how those situations can make you feel torn. God loves you, your whole family and I'm asking him for many more February 14ths for the 5 of you!

Kristi said...

God is good! Yay for Fletcher!