Friday, January 11, 2008

Today...

Today Fletcher had a pretty good day. He was very playful and smiled a lot. Which I think indicates that his pain and discomfort is being treated well. I took his little DVD player up to the hospital yesterday and I think he really likes watching it. He has a few Praise Baby and Baby Einstein DVD's and he just watched and listened to them. It was so neat to watch him enjoy the music and pictures.

They did x-rays on his spine today and Fletcher does have compression fractures. I'm not really sure what that means and how they'll treat the fractures.

The plan at this point is to get Fletcher off of the hospital ventilator and on to his 'home' ventilator. And after ample time on his ventilator they will send him back to TCC. Well, today at about 1pm they tried putting him on his ventilator and he did great! As a matter of fact he's still on it and seems to be doing well. I'm so grateful for this news. I know you all have been praying and the Lord is answering your prayers. Thank you for loving our family through this difficult journey we are on. Your response through emails, comments and visits at the hospital are so amazing and comforting. We are trying to stay in the moment and not let our minds go too far into the future. Again, thank you for all that you're doing for us like I always say the body of Christ in action is a beautiful thing!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What an amazing day! I just loved being with you and Bubba. I smiled all the way back to Tulsa just thinking about that sweet boy! You are an amazing woman Denise Burns, what an honor it is to be your friend. At bedtime Zoe prayed for her "bestest friend" Fletcher. May tomorrow be as great as today!
I love you!
Millie

paula said...

Denise:
Please know that I am praying constantly and lovingly for you, Craig, Fletcher, Kayleigh and Maddie! I love you all so very much and pray that you feel GOD's Love just enveloping you all! You and Craig are the most amazing of parents and your children are so blessed to have you!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristi said...

Thinking of you all and praying daily! Are you up for some dinner this week? let me know! Kristi