Sunday, January 27, 2008

A busy day...

Today was a great day and full of activity! We went to church then for lunch we went to Louie's. We had never been there until today, but we received a gift card and we really enjoyed our lunch. We took the girls to TCC to see Fletcher. Maddie can't go into his unit so we took him to a family room. Fletcher's PT worked on his wheelchair on Friday and came up with a great solution, she laid the seat down with a gel type pillow and we laid him on top of it. He stayed in his wheelchair for about an hour and a half with no problems! Fletcher really enjoyed seeing his sisters today. They laughed and giggled the whole time. We then had a birthday party to go to for my nephew Gabe. It was a bowling party and we all had so much fun. Craig and Maddie bowled, Kayleigh and I watched and cheered them on! Craig did pretty well on his first game and Maddie well...I have NEVER seen a bowling ball roll so slowly in my entire life! She was so serious and really wanted to knock those pins down but that ball barely made it to where the pins were! It was hilarious!


Kayleigh, Fletcher & Maddie


Craig & Fletcher


Me & my little man


Maddie waiting on the slowest ball in the world!


Oh well, maybe next time...



We are now home and Craig and Kayleigh are playing Guitar Hero and Maddie is driving them crazy! Fun night at the Burns' home! As you all know things have been crazy around here with Fletcher, but some fun things have been happening also. On January 6th Kayleigh turned 14. Happy Birthday, Sis! You are wonderful and I'm so grateful to be your mom. You are sweet, kind and very funny! I love you very much! Kayleigh had a small slumber party with two of her cousins, Megan and Devon and Kayleigh's new BFF Vanessa. They played Guitar Hero, ate lots of junk food and stayed up way too late! But fun was had by all. Her party was the night Fletcher went into the hospital so Craig's mom took the reigns and made the party happen. Maddie lost her third tooth. It looks like she has lost two teeth but it's just one tooth! She also got her ears pierced, something I've been trying to talk her into for two years now! She just decided one day that she wanted her ears pierced and I quickly took her up on it! That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by!

Vanessa & Kayleigh

Devon & Megan

The 'gone tooth' her words, not mine

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How encouraging for you and yours to have such a good day. I am thrilled for you to have giggles and smiles and fun.
You are amazing and God is big!
Thanks for sharing both the hard and the good.
love you sweet friend,
Kerijo

joiful1 said...

What a blessed day! Smiles, smiles everywhere! Toothless smiles like Maddie's are some of my favorites...Love to you all!

Mayhem And Miracles said...

I keep trying to talk my little girl into earrings too, but so far she's not having it. You have been much on my mind today and I'm hoping today was anther good one for Fletcher.

The Brineys said...

haha awesome picture of maddie! how hilarious! Hey is there a good time that I could come visit you and fletcher at TCC. you can e-mail me and let me know when if I could come see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Denise,
Hello, my name is Missy and I am David Mullins' sister and Carsons aunt. I heard Dave mention that you have a blog so when I got home tonight from TCC I googled Fletcher and found your site. Fletcher has been on my mind and in my prayers. I didnt want to seem nosy or anything but had been wondering how he is really doing and with the privacy laws and all, all I could do was ask Dave and Jess. They filled me in a little but I read your blog and my heart truly goes out to you. Fletcher is such a sweet boy, he has truly touched my heart. It is so amazing that despite their physical pain, Fletcher, Carson and a lot of the other kids at the Center are able to smile, laugh, and truly enjoy the love of family and friends. I tell everyone I talk to that seeing those kids smile is watching a miracle in action. It melts my heart. Throughout the last year since Carson was injured, I have been in awe at how powerful prayer really is. I was/am absolutely amazed! People sent out prayer chains over the Internet and in churches all over the place. Some of our friends even received replies from people in Germany and Iceland! I am going to send out prayer requests for Fletcher. There is such great power in prayer, especially prayer in large numbers. When Carson first came out of his induced coma, he used to look around the room like he was really looking at someone or something above his bed. I really felt there were angels watching over him, as there are for Fletcher! The only way I could sleep during the worst times (and even when he is doing better) was to imagine Gods loving and protective hands holding Carson as he lay in that hospital bed. That way, I felt that no matter what happened, good or bad, Carson was in Gods hands and that He was the one calling the shots and guiding the hands of the doctors and nurses. Goodness, I know this is such a long comment, but my life has truly been touched just by seeing your little boy smile and by having the pleasure of knowing him. Your family is such an inspiration, Fletcher is a lucky little boy to have you! I wish you all the blessings in the world and will continue to pray for Fletcher and your family. God has blessed your family and mine by trusting us with such sweet boys. I think sometimes that we are the lucky ones. So many people take life and their kids for granted, but we have all been shown to truly savor the moments spent with loved ones and how precious life really is. I pray that God continues to guide you and your family and that He will give you the strength you need each and every day. Sincerely, Melissa "Missy" Mullins-Panick

Kristi said...

Love the pic of Maddie watching the bowling ball with her hands on her hips! That makes me laugh!!!!!

Michelle said...

What a great post! Love the hole in Miss M's mouth!! HAHA

Love you sis!
Millie