Saturday, December 15, 2007

Twelve Days of Christmas...

Okay, so it's time for a more upbeat post! Christmas is just around the corner and we are getting ready. I finished my shopping today! Boy does that feel great! Just a few more packages to wrap and stockings to stuff and we'll be all ready. Kayleigh's grandparents and her Aunt Jackie put together Twelve Days of Christmas for us. We started opening presents on December 13th and we will get to open one gift each night until Christmas Eve. Can you imagine the thought and preparation that went into making this happen for our family? Monna, Pops and Aunt Jackie are so thoughtful and we're so grateful to them for helping us make time each evening to spend with each other!


I have several blog friends who have posted pictures of their Christmas trees so I thought I'd like to do the same thing. Last year I found a seven and a half foot pre-lit tree on clearance for forty bucks! It is gorgeous. It was fast and easy to put up, too! Growing up my family always had a 'real' tree. After Craig and I were married we purchased a fake tree, much to my chagrin. But I quickly fell in love with that tree when I didn't have to water it, vacuum dead needles, and received NO bloody scratches upon taking it down! I'll never go back to the real thing! I have slowly converted a few of my sisters to go the 'fake' route also. I believe they're convinced!

We are planning to bring Fletcher home on Christmas Eve for an overnight stay. We're very excited to have him for a whole night. I can't think of anything I'd love more than to have all three of my children waking up in our home on Christmas morning!

3 comments:

Kristin's Blog said...

Fake Christmas trees are really the only way!

Susie said...

The tree and mantle are beautiful. So excited that Fletcher will be home with all of you. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

NeeNee, I'm so excited about Fletcher being there for Christmas Eve! What has to happen for that to happen? I loved your tree and the pictures of Maddie in the pink poncho!