Sunday, March 15, 2009

Prayer Request...

This morning Fletcher had an episode where his heart rate dropped into the 30's. They did blood work and found that his phosphorus and potassium are too high. They did another lab called a BMP (Basic Metabolic Panel) to check his protein, calcium, and creatinine I do not know the results of this test. They will do another BMP in the morning. They put a foley catheter in him this evening and will monitor his urine for 24 hours. They also want him to have a renal ultrasound as soon as possible. They will call in the morning an try to get the ultrasound scheduled. So, all of this to say please pray for our little guy and that we'll be able to get that ultrasound very soon! The last time I checked on him (about 10:30p) he was sleeping. Fletcher was in a surprisingly good mood when Craig and I both saw him today. He didn't seem to be experiencing any pain and his heart rate and oxygen saturation were normal. When I arrived this afternoon the crash cart was next to his bed and he was hooked up to a heart monitor. Let me tell you, I'm thankful for the crash cart but it still makes my heart worry every time I see it! Well, that's it for now. I'll keep you posted and as always thank you for praying for our sweet boy!




This picture was taken last Thursday. I just wanted to leave you with a cute picture of a cute boy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute boy sitting up so straight! He's so proud of himself...I am praying for this precious child that the God that formed him and has healed him and sustained him through all of the doomsday moments would again heal him and give him and his family many more proud and joyful moments and I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen and Amen. I pray his peace upon you, Denise and Craig. Love, Janet

oda41143 Missy said...

I'm sure your heart almost stopped when you saw that crash cart sitting by his bed. I promise to say a HUGE prayer for Mr. Burns today!!! Keep us updated when you can. Love and hugs.

Anonymous said...

thanks for asking us to be a part of your lives. I am honored to pray for Fletcher and your family. Rest in knowing others are praying. love,KeriJo

Mayhem And Miracles said...

I have been just AWFUL about balancing my time lately, but I did remember that it is Spring Break and thought I'd drop by to see what you are up to. I will be praying for Fletcher, for you, and the whole family. I hope things improve for him soon!