Friday, January 16, 2009

Three days...

Tuesday Fletcher began his second round of Pamidronate. This time they'll administer it for three days in a row, twelve hours each day. You might remember last time they were very cautious only giving it to him once a week for three weeks. Fletcher did great! He has been in the best mood and we've had lots of fun the last few days. Praise the Lord for that! They gave him Tylenol every four hours to head off any pain that he might experience and I think it helped a lot! The next thing they'll do is a Dexascan, which is basically a full body x-ray that measures bone density. So we'll know if the Pamidronate is working. I really believe it is. Fletcher has gotten so strong in the last six months. He's rolling from his back to his tummy and back to his back. You should see his face when he gets on his tummy. You can tell he knows he's accomplished something pretty neat! It's a whole new world on his tummy. And I believe with all my heart that 2009 is the year Fletcher Samuel Burns is going to sit up without assistance! Do you know how much freedom that would give him? To see everything that's going on in his unit would be such a blessing for him. I'm praying each day that he'll be able to sit up on his own. The Lord has answered my prayers that Fletcher's arms, legs, back and neck would be strengthened. He's making so much progress! Well, it's late. I just wanted to give you all a little update on our boy. Here's a little video from the other day that I think is kind of fun. Enjoy!


1 comment:

oda41143 Missy said...

Yipee for Fletcher. He's a big boy now. I can't wait to see the video of him sitting on his own. This year will be the year. I just feel it too!!!