Sunday, January 4, 2009

So loved...

Yesterday we brought Fletcher home for his birthday celebration. He's never celebrated his birthday in our home. What a wonderful day! We had over 60 people come join us in celebrating the gift of Fletcher! It was amazing! We had friends from Tulsa, family from Houston and a friend from Alaska. Pretty cool, huh? This year as I thought about a theme for Fletcher's birthday I asked myself, 'what does Fletcher love?' Well he loves a lot of things but he has a passion for balls! Foot balls, base balls, soccer balls any thing he can throw is a jackpot for him! So, I decided on a ball theme and it turned out great! A friend of mine made this incredible cake that had a foot ball, base ball, soccer ball and basket ball on it. It was so cute! He loved opening packages.

When Fletcher was home on Christmas I tried to get him to sit in his high chair. Well, that went over like lead balloon. I thought he'd enjoy sitting up and seeing everything around him. He hated that highchair and did not sit in it all day. I was determined on his birthday not to let him lay in bed all day. So, I put him in the highchair and he fussed at first but somehow he got distracted and I don't think he remembered he hated the chair! He stayed in it for probably 2 hours! Our friends were able to see him action and he could see everything and everybody!

We want to thank all you who came to the party and those of you who wanted to but couldn't. Our lives are forever changed because of Fletcher, as I know your lives are also. Thank you for being the body of Christ to our family these past 4 years. Though we've had our ups and downs the Lord has shown Himself to us so many times and in so many ways and through so many of you! Thank you, thank you, thank you for loving my family the way you do! Be blessed, be a blessing!







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad I missed the party!!! Oh, well, Fletcher will just have to be willing to have another party whenever I get over there!! Denise, will you privately email me your cell phone number? If I get over there, it'll be spur-of-the-moment and I'll want to connect quickly and easily... I can't wait to meet him. Jant Lalli

oda41143 Missy said...

Love the cake and the videos! I feel like a real looser in that you had a friend come all the way from Alaska and I couldn't come from Kentucky :) I haven't gotten around to sending a card or gift. I have decided instead of sending one to Fletcher, I am going to send you some good mail. You need a little treat too for being such a wonderful and inspiring mother. I'm sure Fletcher will not miss my gift to him in that he has no clue who I am :) It might take some time to get it together, but hopefull it will be good.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Fletcher!!! Happy Birthday and may you have a million more. Love, your Uncle Randy and Aunt Sandy from Blackwell.