Thursday, October 2, 2008

Homie, bridges and badges...

Poor Fletcher look at what his mommy does to him. I thought it would be hilarious to put his much loved visor on him upside down or right side up. What exactly would you call that? Anyway look at my little fresh prince! Okay so the latest on 'the man' Fletcher has successfully been completely weaned off of Methadone and Valium! He has been on both daily almost his entire life. It has been a long and tough road but he's narcotic free! Way to go, Bubba! Fletcher is doing really well. He's still having temper tantrums almost everyday but like I always say I'm thankful he's strong enough to throw 'em! Fletcher has added some more signs to his vocabulary. He now signs 'book' when he wants to read, he's also signing 'ball' and 'go'. It's pretty awesome.

Hey Homie!

Girl Scouts is in full swing and tonight Maddie and I experienced our first bridging ceremony. It was really neat. None of the Daisies bridged over into the Brownies but we had Brownies who are now Juniors. Maddie's Daisy group got to do the whole color guard routine tonight. Maddie carried the flag in with another Daisy. We now also have our own Troop 22 flag. Maddie received a few badges, pins and two petals. She's really excited. They don't wear uniforms anymore. The Daisies wear little blue smocks over their clothes. Since we now have badges and stuff we're going need to get a smock. I was a brownie and a Girl Scout and I do not remember some of this stuff. I clearly remember the Father and Daughter dinner where we sang 'Hello Dolly' but replaced Dolly for Daddy. I remember the meetings, the uniforms and the great songs, but not bridging ceremonies maybe I had a crappy troop leader who didn't go the extra mile. I don't know...


Color Guard
Badges!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You aren't blogging as much since you started to FB - at least this was the first notice I've had in a while. I was really into GS, so I enjoy your stories about Maddie. You are going to LOVE camping. Hot, sweaty nights with tarnatulas on the other side of your tent fabric. I once knew a trantula that would kick out it's front leg and tap on the tent like it was knocking on a door. Seriously!!! tap, tap tap, (wait) and then tap, tap, tap. Long hairy leg. Eew! And digging latrines - for real, girl! I can see Denise really loving this life...PARENTING!!! This is what it's all about!! I'm thrilled for Fletcher. And I praise God for your perspective on his temper tantrums, yes he's strong willed, he's had to be to fight the battles he's fought! YEA BURNS!!! Love much, Janet the Tarantula Lover Lalli

oda41143 Missy said...

Peace out Fletcher ;) Cooper wears his like that all the time, must be a boy thing. Maddie looks so cute. Alexus was a Daisey and didn't go on to Brownies. It was fun, but there are so many rules, too complicated for me. Good to see you posting. Hope all is well.

Kristin's Blog said...

Congratulations to Fletcher on completing his Narcotics Anonymous program! Well done FB! We love you!

Denise said...

Janet,
Yeah, I don't know that Maddie or myself will be up to camping. Can we get out of it? Mention spiders to Maddie and there will be chaos I promise! I do remember going to Camp Red Rock one time and we made 'sit upons' that was neat!

Anonymous said...

I go camping with our Boy Scout troop all the time and I am horribally afraid of spiders, but I have not in the past 10 years of tenting had any problem with any spiders. I have had a barrel of fun on the camp outs and the food is wonderful over a fire. You will love it alot. I finally got Sandy to go out after 20 plus years and she didn't really mind it except the heat. I have battery powered 12 inch fans to use in the tent. That helped her a bunch. Keep up with the Girl Scouts. As a Scoutmaster for the Boy Scout Troop, you can't beat it. Go Maddie go. You too Denise. Love Uncle Randy.