Thursday, April 3, 2008

Fletcher favorites...

Sorry I've been absent from my blog lately. We have been so busy! Things are busy with the girls and their activities and things are nice, calm and uneventful with Fletcher. Praise the Lord! His unit is closed right now because there are a couple of sick kids in there. We're praying that the yuckies stay away from Fletcher. Since his unit is closed he can't leave, so our morning walks had to cease until it opens back up. He's been a little grumpy lately, but in general I think he's doing okay!

I've been thinking a lot lately about all the out of the ordinary things that Fletcher just LOVES! You know how you hear stories about how kids play with the box the toy came in more than the toy? Well, Fletcher is a creature of his environment and his playground is a hospital bed, so the things he plays with will seem odd to most of you but they're a ton of fun to him! Besides many people these are a few of his favorite things...


Empty saline tube


Pulley name tag


Face mask


10 ml syringe

My cell phone

My sunglasses

Fletcher chews constantly on these pink saline tubes, which I think is great because he grinds his teeth so the chewing helps with that. As for the pulley name tag, Fletcher reaches out to anyone who has a name tag and wants to pull on it. When he was in the hospital last time one of his nurses made him his very own name tag along with his own pulley clip! I can't tell you how long he's been pulling name tags and we NEVER thought to make him his own! DUH! Thanks, Jenny! Fletcher also loves to pull masks off of nurses, RTs, etc it's just a given that he wants to take their masks off. Craig spends every evening with Fletcher and he comes up with the most creative things to make Fletcher laugh. Craig came up with a game that the two of them play with a syringe, Fletcher puts it in his mouth and pulls the plunger out, then puts the empty tube on his thumb, then puts it in his other hand and somehow gets it on that thumb, then he switches hands one more time. I think that shows just how smart he is! Fletcher also loves my sunglasses and my cell phone. Every morning when he sees me the first thing he does is reach out so he can take my glasses off the top of my head. One of my favorite things is to just hold Fletcher. When we sit in the rocking chair I ask him if he wants to listen to music on my phone and he always grins, which means yes! So, I rock him and he holds the phone and listens to my blue toothed tunes! That way we're both doing one of our favorite things! Fletcher also likes a few ordinary things, too. He loves to be read to, he likes to watch DVD's and he is never without a lovey! He sleeps with a lovey covering his face, as soon as he starts to get tired he does his sleepy mouth and holds the lovey close to his mouth. Too precious!

Books...

DVD's

his lovey

10 comments:

Kristin's Blog said...

He loves it when you fill those empty saline syringes with apple juice! Not that I have ever done that of course.

Susie said...

I love seeing Fletcher's special toys and his lovey. Glad that Fletcher is doing well and hope that the yuckies continue to stay far away. Blessings!

Kristi said...

Sweet Fletcher. Praise God for things that make us smile and thank you to you for sharing these blessings with us. Love you NeeNe!

Anonymous said...

We love Fletcher so! He just brightens everyone's day! Loved this update!
Catherine

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Oh, how very sweet, Denise! I love picturing Fletcher with his "lovey" over his sleepy face!

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Hi Denise,

I've been MIA for a while from blogging (expect my ongoing mini series) and thought I'd drop by to say HI. I hope to actually read and get caught up one of these days. Thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

You forgot me. I am his favorite Aunt.

paula said...

Okay now...that's funnee...Aunt Dawnie!!!!


Love and kisses to the sweetest of sweet Fletcher!!!!


Aunt Paula :)

Anonymous said...

I just absolutely adore Fletcher. He is truely a blessing. His personality is so amazing, and so is his family!!