Friday, March 21, 2008

Getting ready for Easter

Today the girls and I went to TCC for an egg hunt with Fletcher. It was fun to get to see all three of my children together! Fletcher wasn't a big fan of the whole get together. The girls and I walked him around the building for at least thirty minutes thinking that would do the trick and put him a good mood for the party. Not so much. He gets really mad when that wheelchair stops moving! And every time I got my camera out he got even madder! That boy can be such a toot sometimes! Fletcher's speech therapist, Heather can always make him smile so I did get a few pictures of him smiling, none with his sisters, though! I don't know if you can tell or not but Heather was blowing bubbles in the second picture and he was cracking up! His eyes are closed because those bubbles were getting pretty close!



Aren't they wonderful?


Bubbles...

So cute!

Tonight we went to church for the Good Friday service. We had the special treat of having communion together. I can't remember the last time I was served communion. After church we came home and colored our Easter eggs. Maddie and Kayleigh did a great job and made them all so cute and colorful. Every year I take a picture of the girls coloring eggs. When I took this picture tonight I couldn't help but feel sad. I do not and probably will not ever have a picture of all three of my kids at that very table coloring eggs together. Emotionally, I have been doing so well lately, but tonight I couldn't quit thinking about our family traditions and the ones that Fletcher doesn't get to take part in. It makes me sad. For some reason this never gets easier. Please keep us in your prayers as we bring Fletcher home Sunday. We'd like a day filled with family, love and uneventfulness!

Coloring the eggs!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Those pictures are GREAT!!! Kayleigh looks so grown up!! I was looking at our wedding pictures last night and she and Erin are such little girls in their polka dot dresses now they are such big girls and not even that anymore. :-( I pray you all have a wonderful Easter together, I know you cherish that time as a family when you can get it. You are loved sister!! Give all hugs and much love!!
Millie

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Oh, Denise, this made me a little sad because for entirely different reasons we have not done so many of the traditional things that make the holidays special for the kids for about the past three years. This year, Christmas was normal again and I have never appreciated it quite so much. I have to say, though, that one of our very best Easters was at TCC WHEN THE WEATHER WAS WARM. The kids participated in an egg hunt in the outdoor portico and there was a live bunny running around. It must have been 5 or 6 years ago. Good times. I hope your Sunday turned out special with Fletcher and the girls all together. :)