Saturday, October 27, 2007

My butterfly turned into a cheerleader...

Last night Maddie and I were invited to Harvest Fest at a friend's church. Maddie also decided she was over those butterfly wings! I have to admit I wasn't too crazy about them either! So, last night I began to look through her closet to find something for her to wear. She had the scrubs from last year and she said, 'Uh, no.' She also had a cute little grass skirt and she said, 'Too itchy.' Maddie was in a wedding last year so I pulled out that dress, thinking she could be a princess, to that she said, 'No, definitely no.' This kid is too funny! Then I found an OU cheerleading outfit to which she said, 'YES!!' So off we went to Harvest Fest! The two of us had a great time and we saw a few people that we knew. It was really cool how they had this festival set up, each room had a Disney movie theme! There was a 102 Dalmatian room, a Nemo room, an Incredibles room, Toy Story, Peter Pan, Lion King, Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast! How fun is that?

Maddie and Cruella DeVil (aka our friend Kat)

Maddie in the force field bubble (the Incredibles)

Maddie throwing a sponge at Nemo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not the only one to have costume woes! Everything I suggest is a "No". What they want is one of those amazingly cheap costumes they sell for 25.00 that always break or tear before the night is through. Um, sorry, you're being a ballerina this year because you already have a leotard. Oh, and son? I know you've been a pirate for the last five years, but pirates never go out of style! (i.e. he's being a pirate again).

Kristin's Blog said...

The girl knows what she wants!

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Sounds like lots of fun! Faith also wants to wear her OU cheerleader uniform wherever she goes! Which is hard to find one in her size. I found a 1o/12 at a gargage sale finally. I hope it lasts a few more seasons.