Sunday, October 21, 2007

Fall Break!

Well, it's been a busy four or five days! Kayleigh's grandparents, Monna and Pops came from Mississippi and boy were they busy! Thursday they shopped and stayed at a nice hotel and swam. Kayleigh and Maddie's cousins Megan and EmiLee also joined them for an overnight stay and swim. It sounds like they had a great time. Since I was childless on Thursday afternoon, I went and had a mani/pedi thanks to the gift I received for Pastor Appreciation! Thanks Grace Church! And then I spent the rest of the afternoon with Fletcher. Craig came to the Center at his usual time and we spent the early part of the evening with Bubba. Then guess how the Lord blessed us! One of Fletcher's roomie's parents treated us to a wonderful dinner at Yamato Steak House! It was fabulous! I had sushi for the first time and I really liked it! It was so nice to have a date with my sweet husband! The girls spent Friday with the grandparents and I spent the day with Fletcher. Everyone ended up at the Center and we all went to dinner at Hunan Garden, a belated birthday dinner for Craig. Saturday morning Kayleigh had to fulfill a youth obligation of cleaning a house for a family in the church and Maddie and I went to a party for my nephew Ryan's 2nd birthday. We left Craig, Monna and Pops at home to watch some tense football! Way to pull through Sooners! Today we went to church and to Olive Garden for lunch. Monna and Pops had to hit the road after lunch. Whew! What a weekend!

Ryan and Maddie at the birthday party

Monna and Fletcher

Monna, Kayleigh, Maddie and Pops lunch after church

Thursday and Friday I was able to go to school with Fletcher and spend the whole hour observing this ever so smart boy of mine! He is truly amazing and I'm so proud of him. On Tuesdays and Thursdays Fletcher stands in his supine stander during class. Isn't he the cutest thing you've ever seen? Each day they start their class time with songs. They sing the hello song with each child's name and then they get to choose a song. Lately Fletcher's song of choice is Wheels on the Bus. He loves music and he loves for us to sing to him.

Fletcher waving hello to his classmates

choosing songs...

4 comments:

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Sounds like ya'll were as busy and ate out as much as we did! Yay for restaurants! Can you believe how it went from hot last week to this cold this morning?! I'm glad ya'll got to enjoy the grandparents and spend sweet quality time together. I am loving Fletcher's grown up outfits. He is so stinkin' cute! (They all are. Isn't it great how God takes the best of both parents and makes these amazing little people with it?)

The Brineys said...

love the pictures. I can't wait to come see fletcher!
I'll e-mail you soon!

Unknown said...

I love Fletcher's little hands! What a fun weekend! Thanks for sharing these awesome pictures. Did you ever try to get your award? You deserve it so much even though it's just a cyber thing. I wish it was worth money!

Kristin's Blog said...

Denise! I wanted to tell you that we have a little boy in the unit right now that reminds us all of Fletcher and he is so sick right now that it is promising to see pics of him doing so well. Fletcher is such an amazing little boy and he gets cuter each day! Love the OU outfit!