Saturday, June 25, 2011

Slow and steady...

Well, I think Fletcher's going to do just fine in his new unit. He's probably not getting much rest during the day watching all the big boys but he'll sleep better at night, right? Yesterday they upped Fletcher's time off the ventilator to three hours at a time twice a day. He did great and tolerated it really well. Normally when they wean the ventilator they start slow and when they hit two hours they start doubling the time, meaning they go two hours and if they tolerate it the next wean is four hours, then eight hours, then twelve then twenty four hours! I'm so grateful for the slow wean and that they're really thinking about Fletcher and what he can handle.

Craig downloaded 1500+ pictures and videos off my iPhone onto my laptop, which will make it so much easier for me to blog! A TCC staff photographer gave me a thumb drive with pictures of Fletcher from the past two years, as well. So, I'll start sharing some of them here on my blog.






Here's a picture of me and the kiddos from last July...


This is Fletcher's sprinting shirt...


Philippians 4:13


"I can do ALL (breathing on his own) things through Christ who gives me STRENGTH"

2 comments:

Leanna said...

I'm so glad he is tolerating everything so well!! :)

Wow! You are on a roll! 3 posts in 1 week? I go in spurts and I WAS doing so well...now I'm a slacker!

Mindi and Adrian said...

How exciting for Fletcher and your family. I remember meeting Fletcher when he first came to TCC. He has come so far! :)