Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hanging with the big boys...

Today Fletcher moved into a new unit. There are five teenage boys in there! This is going to be interesting. The unit he just left had children his SIZE not his AGE, so he was the big boy in that unit. It's going to interesting to see how Fletcher responds to these big kids. Several of the boys use power chairs and roll around the place independently, I'm hoping it make Fletcher interested in his new manual wheel chair. Peer pressure can be a good thing sometimes. Fletcher has progressed a lot since he started kindergarten and I'm sure it's because of the kids and their 'typical' behavior. One thing I think most people aren't aware of is that Fletcher is only delayed because of his circumstances not because there's 'something' wrong with him. He's a pretty smart kid and he knows how to get what he wants. For someone with a limited vocal vocabulary he's an extremely good communicator.

Okay so I just blogged two days in a row. I'll try to keep it up and keep you posted on what's going on around here. :)







I know his face is dirty, but this is quickly becoming my new favorite picture!

2 comments:

patti james said...

Have fun in there Fletcher. You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation Nee-Nee! Posting 2 days in a row... and I'm glad for it because I don't get summary on FaceBook, so I didn't know his sprinting started back in January. So I like the blog approach because I get analysis.Thank you and please keep it up - at least once a month! Love much, Janet Lalli