Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wrapping things up...

Okay so it's been awhile since I last updated! So this will be a post through pictures or it's just not going to get done otherwise. So, since Mother's Day Maddie has had an awards assembly where she received two awards one for telling time and another for knowing 200 sight words. Next on the picture agenda Maddie's ballet recital. It was really a precious recital and Maddie received an award for passing her Opal test meaning she will move up to the next level which is Sapphire. Maddie's dance studio is owned by a Christian family so each level is named after a precious gem stone. One of the main reasons we attend this studio is basically because of the atmosphere, it's positive, uplifting and centered around Jesus. Every costume the girls wear is very modest which is hard to find in the dance world. I refuse to have my daughter dressed inappropriately or suggestively, for pete sake! Moving along my Uncle Randy, Aunt Sandy and my cousin, Eric came to Oklahoma City to visit family. They always make a stop at TCC to see Fletcher and me. It's always such a joy to get to visit with them. Fletcher loves them and loves to play with them. They cater to his every whim just wanting to make him smile. What a blessing they are to me! Next stop the last day of school. Kayleigh was exempt from all of her finals so she went to school with Maddie and me! It was Super Kids Day and we also had a pizza party at lunch. Maddie loved having Kayleigh at school with her! So did I she was a huge help to me during the pizza party. During the Super Kids Day activities we came across a pitiful little girl who didn't have a partner so Kayleigh asked me if she could be this little girls partner. Kayleigh also made that girls day as well! I was really proud of Kayleigh for stepping up to the plate, seeing a need and meeting it! We've also been able to spend some time at the ballpark watching Craig and my nephew Kaleb play softball. That's always fun!! Next came my birthday. It's hard to believe I'm 44 years old! My family treated me like a queen like always! It was also my best friend Laura's birthday and Craig and I joined Laura and her family for a delicious dinner prepared by her daughters! How sweet is that? Now it's time to hear about Maddie's 7th birthday. She wanted a surprise party and I was able to pull it off. She was completely surprised as her friends jumped out from behind furniture and yelled, "SURPRISE!" Kayleigh was a tremendous help to me as well as her cousin Megan. We did an old school type of party. Meaning it was in our home and we played games outside like red light, green light, hot potato, egg races and a sack race. It was lots of fun. But the best part to the kids was singing along on the wii to Disney songs like Hannah Montana and AJ and Ali. Those kids were jamming! The day after Maddie's party we brought Fletcher home to help us celebrate May birthdays. My side of the family came over in the afternoon and Craig's side of the family hung out with us in the evening for pizza and birthday cake. We celebrated Memorial Day at Craig's parents along with their family friends the Eischens. They played basketball and we ate some really good food and talked and laughed til we cried! Last night I went to the wedding of a young lady who I taught when she was a child. WOW! That really makes me feel old! It's really neat to see those kids that I was privileged to teach and love on be the wonderful grown ups I knew and prayed they would be. Well, that's all I've got for now friends. I'll try to be better!
Maddie receiving her award from the principal, Ms. Miller


200 sight words award

Picture before she goes on stage

Maddie and mommy

Cousin Eric, Uncle Randy and Aunt Sandy with Fletcher


Super Kids day Maddie and Emma

Maddie and her wonderful teacher Mrs. Johnson on the last day of school

Kinnady, Kayleigh and Maddie

Kylie, Kaleb and Maddie at the ballpark


Me and my bff Laura celebrating our birthdays

Hannah and the rest of the girls lined up and ready for their turn at wii Sing it Disney

Getting ready to blow out the candles

Kayleigh and Megan, the best birthday party helpers, EVER!!

Fletcher!

The pinata!

Family birthday party part 1

May birthday girls me, Maddie and Aunt Kristi

Kayleigh doing what she does best

Laura, me, Amy, baby Maddox and Ashley at Christen's wedding



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for FINALLLLYYY updating us. I miss you when you don't post. May is always such a busy month, so I understand, and I am so glad that you have such joy to report in May 2009. It's wonderful when good things come to pass from such trials. Stay blessed! Love y'all! The Lalli Family