Friday, May 8, 2009

Always something new...

Tonight TCC had a Parents Night, which was basically a nice dinner and a time of getting to know other parents who share the same struggle of having a child who is ill and can't live at home. It's nice to get to know people who are kind of in the same place as you. I was able to sit with my good friend Catherine, who like me, has two daughters and a son, Andrew, who is a patient at TCC. Catherine is a wonderful mom and friend. She's one of the few people I know that really is able to understand what life is like to not have your child at home. She gets me and I'm grateful for her friendship. And she'll be so embarrassed when she reads this! Sorry Catherine! :)

I was able to be with Fletcher a lot today and boy did he have a busy day! We started our day with a trip to the dentist, it took four grown ups to hold Fletcher down so they could clean his teeth! It was worth the struggle because his little chompers look great! His teeth had gotten really yucky and were a yellow orange color. I'm guessing that's from all the medication he takes. also this morning, some of our friends from church, Kayla and her cute daughter Emily came to visit Fletcher. Emily is two and a half and has a bit of a crush on Fletcher. Emily loves to watch Fletcher videos and talks about him a lot. It's pretty cute. Today Emily was playing hard to get and a little bit shy around Fletcher. We'll try again next week, hopefully she's feel more comfortable and we can get some pictures of the two of them. While Kayla and Emily were visiting Fletcher, he was working on power mobility in the gym. In other words, he was DRIVING a power chair! He still has quite a lot of work to do to be able to drive it but we're working on it. After that two of my friends from high school, Jean and Michelle came to meet Fletcher. He had a blast having two new people to do whatever his little heart desired! He played and laughed and flirted with these girls. I think everyone fell in love today! It means the world to me when people take the time to come to TCC and meet Fletcher and to see for themselves what a treasure he is.

These videos are from today, Fletcher learned how to blow his nose today!!! The second video is short but it's a tiny bit of Fletcher driving...


Yesterday when I blogged I didn't mention Kayleigh! I was so frustrated with posting pictures and video that when I finally got them on here I was done! Kayleigh Burns is doing well! She's getting ready to take her EOI (end of instruction) tests. They have to pass these test in order to get a drivers license and to graduate. So, if you think about it be praying for Kayleigh on Monday and Tuesday. She's had a tough time in Algebra and she's nervous about that test. Speaking of driver's license we've started the discussion of Kayleigh taking driving lessons this summer! Oh no! How can it be that she's about ready to drive?!!! Kayleigh's growing up on us! She's definitely a sweet, lovely young lady and we're very proud of her! Kayleigh can not wait for school to be over so she can sleep in, lay out and text her brains out! :) She is also looking forward to visiting her grandparents in Mississippi this summer as well.

We will be bringing Fletcher home for Mother's Day on Sunday so you're probably not going to be hearing from me again til next week. For all of you that are mothers have a blessed weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! He is so smart and makes me smile. So sweet. He loves his mama!

oda41143 Missy said...

I love that he has the cell phone while he's driving. That's against the law in some states. You look awesome in those videos. How much weight have you lost girl!!! Hope he's feeling better. Keep me posted when you can.