Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day...

In the wee hours of the morning Saturday, Fletcher started running a fever. His lungs were getting a little junkie so they did some lab work on him. His white blood count was fifteen and a about a week before that it was seven. So, needless to say he had an infection brewing. We were unable to bring him home for Mother's Day. They started an IV of Vancomycin and normal saline to assure the port would work. They were pretty sure Fletcher's port was infected, which of course would be a big problem. It would mean it would have to be removed...surgically. They kept Fletcher on the Vanco until they had all of his lab work back. It came back late this afternoon, all of the labs were negative. Praise the Lord! They stopped the Vanco this evening and will watch him closely for any fever.

Yesterday was a hard day not having Fletcher home with us. Though, I am grateful that I was able to see him and be at home with Craig and the girls. They treated me like a queen and gave me two of my favorite gifts...a Target gift card, a gift certificate for a mani/pedi and a dozen long stem red roses! Does my family know me or what?! Craig's parents and his sister's family came and had dinner with us. That always makes for a fun time. Craig made the BEST steaks for dinner. We ended our meal with my friend, Steph's banana pudding! YUM-O! All in all it was a great day with the exception of my Fletcher not being at home. I hope all you moms had a wonderful Mother's Day as well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad Fletcher is doing better! Banana pudding sounds really yummy right now...that steph! :)