Tuesday, April 7, 2009

To port or not to port...

...that is the question. Today we had our quarterly Patient Care Conference (PCC) for Fletcher. He's doing so well in so many areas of his therapies and education. He's gaining strength and wisdom! What a strong and smart boy we have. At the end of our conference this afternoon I asked if we should try to access the port and it was their professional opinion to leave it alone. This is his second unsuccessful port so they're going to ask the surgeon to put in a Hickman Broviac, which is what Fletcher has had the most success with. Where they'll place it? I do not know! We asked them to communicate with the surgeons BEFORE we get there. So, we'll see. Thursday morning we'll leave TCC at 5:30 am. I'm guessing surgery will be around 7:45 am. Please be praying for Fletcher's safety, the success of the surgery. This will be the fourth surgery he's had since late December. Thanks so much and I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No pictures of our cute boy? Disappoint me!! Just got back from the Bruce Springsteen concert and my ears are ringing...He sang several new songs, one of which was
BAD TIMES
DON"T STOP AT MY DOOR
NO MORE!
That boy (Bruce) can rock. I'll intro Fletcher to some Brucie when I meet him. Love you! Janet Lalli

oda41143 Missy said...

Prayers said. So sorry this is number 4!! Let's pray it's the last for the entire year.