Monday, April 22, 2013

Fletcher's Fans

For those of you that don't know Fletcher has a Facebook page called Fletcher's Fans. It has over 7000 fans. I have closed it for now, not deleted, but closed it. I was posting a picture of him and a small update everyday until about a month ago. There are some really sick people in this world and they like to comment on pictures of Fletcher. Not just comment but make threats and say some of the most vile things about my sweet, innocent little boy. They are also taking the pictures of Fletcher off of his page and putting them out there in cyber space and asking people to caption Fletcher's picture.I feel completely violated and will not put myself through this. And yes, I realize there are many people that Fletcher is touching their lives. And they are touching our lives.  I know there are way more good people out there than bad but in this case the few bad apples, which really aren't a few there are hundreds of people hating on my son, and they have spoiled the whole bunch. One girl asked if Fletcher was the devil. One man said he wanted to rape Fletcher. I cringe every time I get a notification that someone has commented on one of Fletcher's pictures. I tried posting a picture of Fletcher just once a week. Those people are still out there and they are still making vile comments about Fletcher. Two nights ago I put a picture of Fletcher on his page and before I closed it that one picture had over 13,000 likes which is highly unusual and very suspicious. People were sharing his picture on their pages calling Fletcher names and asking what 'it' is. So for now the page is closed. I may make a private one but for now I just need peace of mind.

12 comments:

Paula Duncan said...

I for one would love to be a part of a "closed group- invite only" page for Fletcher. If you do a private page, please include me. Can't wait to see you guys in June-heck, you live a mile from me and a few blocks from my Mom, I should come over and visit more often.. Love you Guys!!

Connie Gilmore said...

Oh Denise I am so sorry people in this day and time would want to hurt Fletcher.You Fletcher and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers! Hope to see you and Fletcher back up and open to all who love and care for him. He has touched my life and you are an Inspiration to not only me but many others. We will miss Fletchers smiling face! Take care!

Janetta Smith said...

Ugh. Im sorry to hear how horrible people were on your facebook page. Those people are the ones with the major flaws. As far as Fletcher goes, I think he is one of the cutest boys. I followed you on Facebook and felt like I got to know this cute spunky kid. I saw his picture and news story in the paper today and wanted to get on and congratulate him. Praise God for the beauty He created and the pure love He is. Those who walk in truth see Fletcher's charm and beauty and recognize he is both a regular kid and one with special favor from God. God has blessed you with a gem.

Sybil said...

Praying for you as you make hard decisions everyday. This is not another one you need to deal with. Good decision protecting your family and especially Fletcher.

Cindi said...

Makes me sick, angry and mad! Wish I could help. Protect your baby, we understand.
Cindi

Unknown said...

I am so sorry that there are so many sick people in our world. Your blog has really touched my heart and I check in occasionally to see how Fletcher is doing. I pray for you and I pray for your family.

Vikki Rountree said...

I am so sorry to hear this! He is precious. The world is getting, more and more, to be a terrifying place. I love your sweet boy and am proud of his accomplishments. If you create an invite only page, invite me.

Unknown said...

Hi! I was a fan of Fletcher's on facebook. My hubby too! We miss Fletcher and his infectious smile. Hope all is well! Glad I was able to find your blog to try and make contact! Xoxo from Elizabethtown PA!

Unknown said...

Fletcher is a "light in the darkness" for so many of us! His smile is one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen!!
I would be glad to do anything you could ask just to be able to see his smiling face once again. I lost everything in the Moore tornado, all my photos of my late husband, and all of his treasures are gone. I would consider it a great blessing if you would let us know how Fletcher is doing these days. He has saved more of us than you could ever know!

Unknown said...

Fletcher is a "light in the darkness" for so many of us! His smile is one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen!!
I would be glad to do anything you could ask just to be able to see his smiling face once again. I lost everything in the Moore tornado, all my photos of my late husband, and all of his treasures are gone. I would consider it a great blessing if you would let us know how Fletcher is doing these days. He has saved more of us than you could ever know!

Kristy said...

I found your blog on accident today while doing a search. I hope your sweet boy is doing well. I'm so sorry you had to deal with mean people saying horrible things, the internet makes it so easy for people to be mean. Best wishes to you and your family.

Unknown said...

Personal Loan for Every Financial Need. personal loans online instant approval