Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgivng...

Hoping today is truly a day of thanksgiving for you and yours! It is for us. Today we will bring Fletcher home for the day. It's been a battle the last few weeks with TCC. Some things are changing up there and we're not very happy with the changes. TCC has decided that they don't want any of their equipment to leave the building for home visits. So now the equipment, ie ventilators, concentrators, O2, suction, feeding pumps, etc have to be rented by a medical supply company. Not very family friendly if you ask us. Not really understanding the reasons they're giving us either. Our hands are tied in this situation and we don't like it at all. So we've basically been battling with these people and it's made for a stressful time at our house. I will say the Lord is in control and He gave us favor in one area in particular when it came to Fletcher's ventilator. They were trying to send him home on an older model ventilator! Okay an older model feeding pump, sure. An older model suction machine, no problem. But the very source of his life support? No way!! But like I said, the Lord let TCC find favor with us and we are at least bringing Fletcher home on his vent. Thank you Jesus! I could go on and on with some of the things happening up there but I will not.

Instead I'll focus on what I'm thankful for...I'm so thankful for my relationship with Jesus and that He loves me just the way I am otherwise I'd be in poor shape! I'm thankful for Craig and the way he loves and cares for me and our children. I'm thankful for my Kayleigh, my Maddie and my Fletcher what a source of joy they are to me. I'm privileged to be their mother and Craig's wife. I'm thankful for my mom and the way she taught through example of how to make a home and care for children. I'm thankful for my siblings...how fun it was to grow up with all of you. How fun it is be grown up with you and laugh and cry together and always know we have each other no matter what. I'm thankful for my in-laws and Kayleigh's grandparents. I really don't know what we'd do without their help and their wisdom and their guidance as we navigate parenting. I'm thankful Craig's sister and her family they're truly a blessing to us as well and lots of fun to be with! I'm thankful for my friends. I wish I could list you one by one but I am blessed with too many to for that. Just know you all are loved and appreciated! I'm thankful for my little grey house and the love and laughter that fill it's walls. I'm thankful for our cars. We just paid one of them off! I'm thankful for TCC even though it's not perfect it is serving it's purpose. There are truly so many things I'm thankful for these are just a few. I pray your Thanksgiving is filled with love, laughter and lots of good food and conversations today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NeeNee, I'm thankful to the Lord for you and your sharing so freely your ups and downs on this path the Lord guides you. I hope you've had a wonderful day with Fletcher at home and have had no major crises!
Blessings sweet girl! Janet Lalli