Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th!

Well, we had another successful day at home with Bubba! Thanks for your prayers. We picked Fletcher up at about 9:30 and spent a quite morning at home. Craig's parents came over at about 2:00 and we had hamburgers and hot dogs and the rest of the afternoon was uneventful just like we like it! We took Fletcher back to TCC at 8:00 and stayed with him until they kicked us out at 9:00. We watched fireworks at TCC on the lawn where they have the Farmer's Market. It was great fun. Hope you all had a terrific day as well!



3 comments:

Angie said...

I am soooo glad that everything went well! It looks like everyone had a great day. I prayed for all of you today!

meganalmighty said...

Awwww.... I love those pictures expecially that one of Fletcher were he has the biggest smile on his face! I love all of you! Meggie

laura said...

Hi...I came across your blog from Heather's blog. Fletcher is adorable and is so happy! I love his smiles. My daughter, Gracie, also has special needs. She was born in Okla. due to Hurricane Katrina. She had some of the same doctors as Fletcher. The only one that I did not get along with was Dr. Mapstone. After leaving his office in tears three times we started taking Gracie to Texas. Now that we are back in Mississippi she has a wonderful neurosurgeon in New Orleans. I do not have a blog, but if you would like to see pictures of Gracie I have a myspace My MySpace URL: myspace.com/msk_burke
I also feel blessed that God chose my husband and I to be Gracie's parents!

Gracie does not have a specific diagnosis. Her MRI gave us a list of brain abnormalities... ventricular megaly, a thin corpus colosum, dysplasia of the cavum septum polucidum, and she is missing her left cerebellum (sorry if the spelling is way wrong :-) )The abnormalities in Gracie's brain are only just that. To us she is perfect the way God made her. Sometimes we forget that she is different from other kids her age. That is until the therapist show up at the door! :-)