Sunday, April 22, 2007

A trip to the zoo and an 89er?

Let's see...the week started out pretty good. Monday Maddie had a playdate with her friend Bailey. And on Wednesday morning we had a trip to the zoo planned with her class. On Tuesday night Maddie informed me, "Mom, you're probably going to be mad and I'm sorry, but there are no seat belts or car seats on the bus!" Well she rode that no seat belt, no car seat bus and loved it! It was her first time ever to ride a bus and one of the big highlights of the trip! We teamed up with Maddie's friends Bailey, Kayleen, Ryli and Tressa and had a great time for about an hour and half! All of the sudden Maddie had a fever so she and I ended up leaving the zoo early AND in the minivan not the school bus! By the time we got home she started throwing up. I just knew she had strep throat again, but much to my surprise and the doctor she tested negative for strep. He decided she had a virus and we went home. She continued to throw up until late Friday morning. Friday afternoon I made arrangements for her to go to my best friend's house for a couple of hours so I could go and see Fletcher. When I picked her up at 3:00 she was back to her old self and has been fine ever since. Go figure!

Friday morning The Children's Center had a land run. I was unable to go because I was at home with Maddie. I was really sad to miss the land run, this would be the first time one of us wasn't able to be at one of Fletcher's TCC events! So, I asked if someone would please take some pictures. Well, one of the girls in the marketing department took some great pictures! Since I wasn't able to be there I'm not quite sure what took place in the picture below. But I am sure it's one of my new favorites. Do you suppose he's an 89er? The look on his face just cracks me up and that pie tin! What a hoot! I'm almost positive that there are several girls in front of him and he's flirting with all of them! Well, I need to close for now hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Burns family. Just popping in to check on the cute boy. It looks like things are going well for you all. Fletcher is getting so big and looks great. I hope you all are well. This is Elizabeth from the PICU. God bless you all.

Kristi said...

Great picture!!!