Monday, January 22, 2007

Great to be back in church...

Well, it sure was great to be back in church yesterday! I was so excited to be back worshipping with our friends. Lancer preached an incredible sermon it really spoke to me. Yesterday was the first time in months that I sat through an entire sermon. I'm glad I did! In one part of Lance's sermon he used a scripture that I have heard and read a lot of times, but yesterday it ministered to me in a totally new way. Lance referred to John 9:2&3 it says this, "His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind? "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life." Sometimes as the mommy of Fletcher I have lots of questions, and I begin to wonder things like...What happened? Did I do something when I was pregnant, that made all this happen? Why, does my sweet baby have to be in pain and suffer so? Why can't he just be home with us? Why can't he walk? Why can't he talk? Will he ever be able to do any of these things? I, of course know that this kind of thinking doesn't accomplish anything but sadness, confusion and frustration, just to name a few. But, yesterday I felt like I finally got it! It may seem very simple or obvious to you but it hit me like a ton of bricks! All this is happening so that the work of God will be displayed in Fletcher's life! WOW! Isn't that what we all want? For the Lord's work to be reflected in our lives? Of course we do, that's why we've made the choice to be Christians! The Lord has already done so much in the two years we have been on this journey. I have meet some incredible families doing some really hard stuff, I have had the privilege to bring a friend that had a sick child to church and she gave her life to the Lord, I have seen my family and my church step up and hold up our arms as we have fought this fight. God has been so good to us. And I know that as you read this you'll think of the ways you've been blessed by our sweet Fletcher. He's the toughest little guy I know, I am proud to be his mommy. Fletcher brings out the very best in me. The Lord is doing a good work and we are grateful to be a part of it!

Okay, on to a little humor for today. About two weeks ago Maddie decided she was ready to walk into school all by herself. Saying things like, just drop me off, Mommy I can do it! Me saying things like, are you sure you're ready? You might fall, you have so much stuff to carry in are you sure I can't help you? It almost came to begging on my part! Maddie was so confident and she was ready. So, I pulled up in 'the loop' and opened the door she didn't even want me to get unbuckled! She said goodbye and turned and waved at me several times, she was so proud of herself! Me, on the other hand, not so big and brave or even ready for my baby to walk into school all by herself! Are you kidding me?! I sat in the loop and cried like a baby! I called Craig, crying and telling him how much she didn't need me anymore! Oh the tragedy of our children growing up! Well, this morning I asked Maddie what her plan was, was she walking in by herself or would she like me to come with her? I'll go by myself she says! Are you sure? There maybe snow and ice and you might slip and fall, I'd be happy to come in with you this morning. No thanks, I can do it myself! As we pulled into the loop, stopped the car, got the backpack, she kissed me and said, you're not going to cry are you? No of course I'm not! Are you sure? Yes, I'm sure! Promise? Yes, I promise. Pinky promise? I had to pinky promise my four year old that I wouldn't cry! How pathetic is that?!

Well, I'm going to close for now. I need to get up to The Center and get 'the boy' ready for school. He should have his new glasses this week. I'll get a picture and post it in my next blog or two! Have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, Craig, the girls and Fletcher are an amazing family! The strength you have continues to amaze me. I feel blessed to call you my friend and to know your little mister! xoxo ~ Amy

Kim Spady said...

I have been keeping Fletcher and your family in my prayers, and keeping up through our mutual friend Tina Hughes, since Fletcher was born. I am continually inspired by the work God is doing through you all. I pray God's abundant blessings on each of you and that His love will continue to shine through you!

mommykris said...

I am soooo proud of this family! I love the way you put things. You make it clear..... CRYSTAL. Sometimes it is so hard to hear the Lords promises through the shoulda, coulda, woulda's. I know I have asked why, and waited for the answer. Now I get it too!! I see it now. Boy, oh boy has Fletcher touch lifes. He is a gift...a blessing.... a MIRICLE. I thank GOD for our little guy. I am so lucky that GOD chose me to be his Aunt!!