Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Getting ready...

Today I took Kayleigh to OSUOKC, it's a small community college here in Oklahoma City and I have a dear friend who is the Director of Student Services. Kayleigh will be a high school senior this fall, but I felt like we needed to get some advice so we'd know what to be working toward. My girl is growing up. Today was bitter sweet. My friend talked mostly to Kayleigh and I tried not to interrupt and give my thoughts and opinions. It's part of the very hard process of letting her go and giving her control of her future. SCARY! Part of me wishes I could just make all her decisions and set up her life and just place her gently on the path to adulthood. The other part of me knows that's completely unrealistic and I'm going to have to let Kayleigh choose these things for herself, even if they don't look like what I think they should look like. I'm believing Jeremiah 29:11 for her...For the Lord knows the plans he has for her...

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Another transition my friend! AND...you are so right about letting her make her decisions and set her path. I think you will find the big decisions of life will always include you and Craig and as she begins to have confidence in herself and in the boundaries you all have set up,will ask for your advice in many trivial things too! She is a sweet girl and I know she has two godly parents who love her so much! Thanks for letting me be a part! Love you!